Aesthetic Health loves YOGA as part of health maintenance and illness prevention, especially for musculoskeletal and psychological health.
Yoga is a unique type of exercise that imparts fundamental fitness and brings inner-strength, clarity and calm. It is the perfect antidote for the negative effects of modern living, combining mind (focus and attention), energy (life-force cultivation through breathing practices) and body (movement and postures). There is a magical quality that makes yoga different from Western forms of exercise, enabling you to gain physical and emotional heath balance in addition to a stronger, toned, more smoothly functioning body. Yoga is the ultimate method of self-improvement.
Every time you step onto your yoga mat, you become part of a powerful, 4,000 year old tradition, which is now popular with people from all walks of life and levels of fitness, from athletes and children to seniors.
The myriad of physical, mental and emotional benefits offered by yoga include:
- strengthens and tones the core
- improves joint health and flexibility
- increases muscle definition
- increases metabolism
- energizes our bodies
- decreases blood pressure and lowers pulse rate
- promotes healthy function of internal organs and glands
- improves circulation
- calms the mind and lifts the mood by reducing cortisol (stress hormone) and increasing dopamine (happy hormone)
- gives space for introspection and inner-awareness